Red Sea Reefer MAX S-SERIES S400
Total Reef keeping Solution
The MAX® S-Series is Red Sea’s flagship reef system and features the very latest in reef-keeping technology.
Red Sea’s all new ReefLED™ lighting, REEF-SPEC® filtration and circulation systems, customizable fascia and a one-plug control center allow you to focus on the beauty and diversity of your own piece of coral reef, rather than worrying about component selection, suitability and compatibility.
The MAX REEF-SPEC® performance criteria is the result of Red Sea’s years of research into the sustainable growth of all corals, including the most delicate “SPS” corals, in an artificial reef environment.
This knowledge, gained over 25 years, forms the basis for the specification of all MAX® Aquarium systems designs.
MAX® S systems are available in Pearl White and Black. The cabinet side panels and doors are attached to a marine spec aluminum frame and can be replaced at any time, allowing renovation or a complete colour change on a functioning aquarium. This feature combined with the replaceable trim on the light and aquarium adds an unprecedented level of longevity and flexibility.
All external surfaces use weather resistant polyurethane paints (similar to those used in the car industry) giving an elegant and durable finish.
MAX® S-Series aquariums are constructed from 12 – 15mm ultra clear (low iron) glass supported by saltwater resistant plastics and a marine spec anodized aluminum frame. Designed for simple home assembly, all of the gluing, sawing and wiring has already been done for you.
Reef-safe ReefLED™ 90 lighting
The MAX® S-Series incorporate the all-new Red Sea ReefLED™ 90 lights which are designed to ensure optimal coral growth and maximum rendition of their vibrant colors.
At the heart of the unit is a compact Led array that provides a reef-safe range of REEF-SPEC light through a single REEF-SPEC Blue (23,000 Kelvin) channel that consists of an optimum combination of ultraviolet, violet and blue LEDs and an 8,000 Kelvin white channel. In addition, it has a separate dedicated 3W Moonlight channel to provide the low levels of light for reef-safe nighttime viewing. The ReefLED includes a single optical-glass, hollow lens that creates a homogenous light giving a dramatic coral coloration and a gentle shimmer throughout the aquarium.
ReefLED is controlled by Red Sea’s ReefBeat® App which provides a wide range of easy to use functions such as random clouds, acclimation for new installations and a lunar cycle for the moonlights.
The lighting fixture features Red Sea’s unique,mounted lighting chassis that slides across the width of the tank, providing easy access for all aquarium maintenance tasks.
MAX® S-Series Total Reef Filtration
The complete reef filtration system starts with the surface skimmer that feeds the water to the in-cabinet sump via a flow-regulated, silent flow downpipe. The filtered water is returned to the aquarium by a main system pump that can also supply water to additional filtration systems, an optional chiller and/or reactors.
Connection between the aquarium and sump is via standard union connectors so no plumbing is required.
The MAX® S-System is supplied with the main system pump, a REEFER Skimmer, mechanical and carbon filtration media and all piping including preparation to connect a chiller and auxiliary reactors.
MAX® S-Series Integrated Power Center
The MAX® S-Series filtration system follows the one-plug MAX® concept and features a power control centre with easy access to 10 individually switched power sockets for all pumps, and other accessories, safety protected with integrated circuit breakers.
- System water volume/Combined aquarium and sump – 400 L (110 gal)
- Aquarium volume/Display tank with rear circulation pump chamber – 350 L (97 gal)
- Filtration sump volume/Glass sump with preparation for auxiliary reactors or refugium – 50 L
- Aquarium glass thickness/Ultra clear front and side panels – 12 mm (1/2”)
- Surface skimmer/Built in surface skimmer on full width of aquarium – √
- Lighting system/ReefLED™ 90 – 2 units (180W)
- Lighting control WiFi based system compatible with all WiFi enabled tech – √
- Total circulation l/h (gph) / Sump return + hidden individual 2,150 l/h (570 gph) circulation pumps -2×2150 (570)
- Main system pump l/h (gph)Sump return + feed to skimmer / chiller / reactors – 7000(1850)
- Protein skimmer REEFER Skimmer 600 – Air flow 750 l/h (190gph) – Water flow 1500 l/h (400gph) – √
- Integrated power center10 individually switched sockets for pumps and accessories – √
- Integrated water top up system / Easy-access storage tank with in-sump float valve – 22 L (6gal)
- Mechanical filtration/Micron filter- 2
- Chemical filtration/600g (20 oz.) high grade phosphate-free activated carbon – √
- Cabinet frame/Marine spec anodized aluminum profile – √
- Cabinet external/Weatherproof Polyurethane painted MDF doors & panels – √
- Cabinet Internal/Waterproof sump compartment, dedicated chiller compartment – √
- Length/Display tank (MAX® S Including Color Trim) – 104 cm (41″)
- Width/Display tank (MAX® S Including Color Trim) – 70 cm (27.5″)
- Height/Display tank – 64 cm (25”)
- Total system height (excluding LED light unit) – 156 cm (61″)