The all new TMC UV steriliser
SUITABLE FOR MARINE & FRESHWATER
In UV sterilization it’s all about the kill rate, as we want to harness the damaging effects of 254 nm UV-C to eradicate as many unicellular algae and disease and pathogens as we can. Generally speaking, the slower the flow through the unit, the higher the contact time, the higher the kill rate. With tiny viruses being quite easy to zap and larger parasites being more difficult, hence the need to send them slowly past the bulb so they get burned for longer.
But TMC says that with the Titan technology the reaction means that there is an increase in intensity at the outer edge of the body annulus, which boosts the kill rate, allowing for higher corresponding flow rates (per watt,) than the Vecton 400 and 600 models too.
- 13 times more effective then a standard UV steriliser, making it more energy efficient.
- The photocatalytic reaction provides a safer alternative to ozone for even cleaner water.
- Specially selected photocatalytic material protects and further improves the lifespan of the high UV resistant plastic body.
- New design, manufactured from impact resistant, translucent polycarbonate.
- Opposing inlet and outlet for easy installation and connection to the water supply.
- 4 stage hosetails for for flexible hose from ½” to 1¼, held in place with screw on collars for easy removal when servicing and maintaining the unit.
- UV shield to prevent direct viewing of the UV lamp.
- 90° pivoting clear plastic elbow, and more versatile hose management.
- Compact rigid pipe adaptors, for connection to 32mm, 40mm or 1″ rigid pipe are available separately.
- 36 month (3 year) guarantee.
- Model Veton Titan 550 Vecton Titan 850
- Code 5215 5216
- Max. Aquarium size 550L/121 lmp. gal.//145 US gal 850L/187lmp. gal./224 US gal
- Max. Flow rate 1650 l/h 2550 l/h
- UV Lamp 1 x 15W G15T8 1 x 25W G25T8
- Power consumption 17 W 27W
- Power 100-277V 50/60Hz 100-277V 50/60Hz
- Inlet/Outlet 1½” BSP MT and ½”, ¾”, 1 and 1¼ Hosetail
- Weight 2.5Kg Max. Approx. 2.5Kg Max. Approx.
- Dimensions 530 x 74 x 146mm 530 x 74 x 146mm Class 1 / IPX4